To become vegetarian is to step into the stream which leads to nirvana.

- Buddha

Monday, January 18, 2010

Successes and failures

This past week was amazingly busy, stressful, hectic.... all the things that normally make up the life of a work-at-home mommy to a veeeeery busy toddler! It was also a week of some exciting successes, and some serious failures.

First, the successes. I have been a vegan cooking maniac! I made Cajun chickpea patties, oyster mushroom scampi, and cauliflower chowder, all of which were amazing. I am so proud of my new love of cooking, and I can't wait to figure out what will be for dinner this week.

Now for the epic failures. These came in the form of Nutella and pizza. The sad thing is, they weren't really even worth it. It wasn't as though I had some kind of mouth orgasm eating these foods... they were good, but not amazing. Perhaps instead of failures I should chalk this up to a learning experience.

In any case, I am not giving up. This is too important to me to let something like Nutella and subpar pizza interfere with.

Onward and upward!

No comments:

Post a Comment